Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Summertime Musings

I have been walking all over the place, in the town I live in looking for a nook of magic where I would like to live one day, and as inspiration to succeed. I found a purrrfectly magical street. The trees line up down the middle and arch over a center of grass near the park. There is even a small bench for lazing about and enjoying the energy. After hoofing it all over town, this is definitely my favorite spot so far. Now if only I could transport the small scale hacienda style home on the north side to this neighborhood. While walking about, especially at at the park, I could barely help myself from helping myself to enjoying blooms and composed this poem as I walked around.

I am a cat.
I can't help it.
I talk to the trees.
I put my dainty paws upon their scrubby bark
where knobby protrusions grow that must be noses
or love handles or ears ball up under the amber green mosses
growing around and in the the cracks. 


No comments:

Post a Comment